By Shraddha Iyer
People often assume that ‘fitness’ is a short term project, or a fad that they can adopt for a season. But in reality, fitness is more of a lifestyle, almost like a marathon that you keep on running at a steady pace without stopping. This article is not a mix of 1,000 words to convince you to be healthy but a blend of actionable tips that can help you in starting your fitness journey. So, let’s dive into it!
By Sarvesh Shashi
Tip No. 1 – Fix Your Sleep Cycle
Looking at the screen for hours, not resting well and over-doing everything in the name of hustle is not the right treatment for your body. Your fitness journey starts when your body is well-rested and energized.
For this, you can start by fixing your sleep cycle.
Tips for fixing your sleeping pattern –
1. Do not sleep with your phone by your side
2. Listen to sleep stories for a sound sleep
3. Drink a glass of milk before sleeping (if dairy is not an issue)
4. Light an unscented candle 30 minutes prior to sleeping
5. Use aroma oils to sooth your mind
Try and sleep for 7-9 hours every day and you will see a rise in your productivity levels and happiness quotient.
Tip No. 2 – Nourish yourself
A simpler way to put it, go back to your roots. Your outer body is an outcome of what you put inside your body.
Our bodies didn’t grow up eating junk, artificial or processed foods, we grew up eating homemade, healthy and earthy ingredients from our own kitchen, and our bodies loved it! So, we must get back to practicing the same.
It’s not just about what you eat but also how you eat it.
1. Don’t starve yourself as you’ll end up binge eating.
2. We know that everyone has cravings, indulge from time to time but don’t make it a habit.
3. Read the fine-print of whatever you buy – excess sugar, tons of preservatives etc – that’s your red flag!
4. Hydrate and give your body the basic fuel it needs.
Subscribe to read the full article: