- MD (Path),DNB, MNAMS, PDCC (Renal & Transplant Pathology)
- Geraldine Colby Zeiler Fellowship, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
- Visiting Clinician, Renal Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
- Former Resident University Hospital, San Antonio, Texas, USA
- ECFMG Certified, USA
- Associate Prof AFMC, Pune
- MD Pathology AFMC, Pune
How has your journey been in the shoes of a ‘woman’? What do you love the most about it?
I have always felt proud to be a woman and never felt any different from a man in terms of equality, nor was I ever treated in any other way. A woman definitely has a greater responsibility than man towards her children and indirectly to the society because besides her duties towards her career she needs to procreate and take care of the family. The latter is her contribution to society as she is bringing forth the next generation. So in a way, this is a prejudice towards her existence but I think the sense of responsibility comes naturally to her and she enjoys it. Besides, this prejudice comes with the power of being able to procreate. It is so immense that it needs to be felt, to be understood. This is precisely what I love about being a woman the most- being a mother!
Subscribe and read the full article: